Best Portable Dog Showers in 2022
Affiliate Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchase (at no extra cost to you)
If you are a lover of pets, especially dogs, you know that they love the mud roll and will occasionally trail back in the house looking dirty and muddy. Your big problem here is washing and keeping your dog clean. Fixing your problem can be as enjoyable as having the best quality dog shower with you. A waterproof dog raincoat with legs will also help reduce the amount of cleaning needed at the end of the walk. Make sure to choose a coat that has an opening for easy attachment of your retractable dog lead or dog leash.
Luckily, we got some of the best portable dog showers to solve your dirty dog problem. It's a safe and convenient way of cleaning your dog while giving your pet the luxury of play. This comprehensive guide gives you some of the best portable dog washers and what you need to consider to make an informed decision. Let's delve deeper.
What is a Portable Dog Washer?
Unlike stationary dog wash stations, a portable dog washer is a mobile hand-held device that cleans your canine from anywhere. Thanks to its mobility, it also gives you the privilege of reaching the hidden parts of your dog's body. What's more, you can clean your dog in far less time using less water.
Using a Portable Dog Washer
Suppose you have been using a traditional dog wash station; you may be wondering how to navigate to a portable one. We got you covered on a mobile dog shower functionality. Portable dog showers vary in their setup. How to use them will depend on the type of appliance in use.
There are dog showers designed to produce water from one end, while some come with multiple valves. However, a standard functionality is using a lever to open to get the water flowing. That being said, some dog shower systems require you to tilt them before water can flow. Overall, portable dog shower systems aren't similar, and it all boils down to ease of use and preference.
It's also important to highlight that portable dog showers require maintenance like any other machine. After purchase, have a look at the dog shower kit to get information on its routine maintenance.
Best Portable Dog Showers
Without much ado, let's have a look at the best portable dog showers you could purchase to give your canine a memorable birth experience.
A portable dog washer from Mud Daddy stands out among similar products you could buy to clean your muddy dog. It cleans your dog super easy and first if on the move. Besides, it has a range of volumes you could choose from depending on your vital needs.
Its tank has a 5 -12 litres water capacity, with the 12 litres capacity models having wheels to make them more mobile. Their tanks can insulate warm water for up to two and a half hours. The mud daddy portable dog washer requires no outside source of power or motor to function. It comes with a unique design that has water pressure to make it functional with no unnecessary noise.
With the pressure washer in place, it's less of a hassle removing fresh mud from the dog's paws. The dog washer is also eco-friendly and uses 90% less water than a hosepipe. This portable washer is also packed with great features like the brush attachment to make your work easy. Let's have a peek at this product's pros and cons.
- It comes with a brush handle making your work easy.
- Uses less water than a hose and jet pipe.
- It's fully compatible with dog shampoo.
- May struggle to get dogs with thick coats clean.
- Could struggle to build enough pressure if you have several dogs to clean
The Muddy Daddy Portable washer is arguably one of the best dog shower products available. It has a large tank size capacity to perform a sizable job before getting refilled. Besides, It's easy to use thanks to additional tools it comes with, such as the hand brush.
- ✔ MUD REMOVER: Perfect solution for removing fresh mud or dirt from surfaces; pressure washer suitable for cleaning paws, hooves, boots, bikes,...
- ✔ MULTI PURPOSE: Wash dogs paws before they get in the car; scrub football boots when the children come back from the field; clean bicycle tyres...
- ✔ ECO-FRIENDLY: Uses 90% less water than a hose pipe; uses 80% less water than a jet wash, environmentally friendly option.
The Hozelock Portashower is a light, compact portable dog shower from a known brand. It stands at 460 mm high and has no fuss about storage. It's ideal for cleaning your dog if you are caravanning or camping in the woods. This portashower comes with functional features that make your dog washing a no-brainer.
It has a controllable hand-spray, a pressure sprayer with a safety valve and a 2 m hose. It also boasts a 7-litre capacity that gives you humble time to clean your dog before the need to refill.
- High pressure with good strength of flow
- Cleans your dog in the shortest time - 3 minutes
- Shower functionality feature that enables you direct water where you want it to flow.
- Multi-purpose. Apart from dogs, Hozelock can apply high water pressure in your garden.
- The compact design makes it easy to store in the boot of your car or truck.
- Requires self-assembling
- Lacks a scrub or hand brush to help n cleaning your dog
- New models lack a lockable trigger which forces you to press one hand down on the trigger.
The Hozelock portashower is a complete game-changer in dog cleaning. It has good enough water pressure for the job and allows you to clean your dog at any angle. This portable shower is convenient for campers and gives you a good run for your money.
- Multi purpose pressure sprayer for outdoor leisure and gardening needs
- 7 Litre bottle size, maximum fill 5 Litre
- Compact design means it is easy to store
If you want to get rid of messy bathing, consider using the Colapz Dog grooming shower kit. It's a portable shower and also a dog washer. You can fill the bag with water and hook it up to a shower head. Next, connect it to a pump and let it do the cleaning for your dog. Even better, you can carry this grooming shower kit when out camping.
Its unique features include a watertight waterproof bag, a USB rechargeable battery and a set of accessories that make it stand out among alternative products. This product is 100% portable and holds up to 16 litres of water. The hose gives you up to 60 minutes of consistent water flow.
- 2 m hose length sufficient for dog cleaning
- Rechargeable battery, giving you 60 minutes of uninterrupted water flow
- Gun type handle at the shower head that makes it easy to start and stop the shower
- Extra Accessories: pump hose, three shower heads, a pump and a hanging hook
- Waterproof carry bag to store all accessories perfectly
- The open-top makes it impossible to fill it with water when on the move.
The Collapse dog shower unit comes packed with a battery power unit that saves you the trouble of manual pumping of your portable dog washer. It's also eco-friendly and does a fine job in cleaning your dog. You are going to enjoy using it, especially in the outdoor environment.
- ✔️ PET PERFECT - Spray down your dog and their dirty paws before they hop back into the car or house after that muddy walk or that swim in the...
- ✔️ STAY SAFE - Protect against Alabama dog rot by giving your dog a good wash directly after walking. Take your Colpaz washer with you so as soon...
- ✔️ 100% PORTABLE - USB Rechargeable battery Pump shower to giving 55-65 minutes water flow. Additional replaceable battery available to ensure you...
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Portable Dog Shower
Portability is of the essence, depending on where you wash your dogs. If you wash them from home after a day of play, then it should be a non-issue. However, if you intend to clean your dog before getting it back to the car, you need to consider its ease of portability. Some factors you want to look at are dog shower carrying capacity and whether it comes with straps for easy carrying on your back.
Insulation is a pivotal factor to consider when purchasing a portable dog shower. Suppose you are on the move; you want your hot water to remain hot by the time you decide to clean your dog. Most portable dog showers do not insulate heat. However, a simple trick would be to wrap a towel around the water tank to preserve the heat.
3. Ease of Use
Overall, most portable dog washes aren't challenging to use. However, you need to consider whether you want to pump the water manually or go for a battery-powered option. Besides, some alternatives lack an on/off lock which makes operating it with two hands difficult.
There are two options you should critically assess. One is whether you need a constant flow of water or controlling the water supply from the shower head. Most dog showers also require manual assembling, something you should be set up for.
Some portable dog showers come with attachments and accessories, while others lack them. You want to consider the functionality of these attachments or accessories vis-a-vis portability. Some portable dog showers come with a cleaning brush that helps remove dirt from your dog's fur, paws and pad.
There is also one that comes with at least two attachments, such as a hanging hook and a carry bag. Think about whether you will need these attachments, especially for an outdoor dog wash station.
5. Water pressure and Usage
Portable dog showers won't give you the pressure quality of a power shower when it comes to water pressure. Their water pressure ability is highly dependent on your manual pumping ability to generate the internal pressure. Consider whether you want to manually pump your portable dog washer or go for a battery-powered pump that is better performing.
Regarding water usage, you need to go for a dog washer product that best meets your needs to avoid water usage. Be keen on the on/off controls, which help to regulate the flow of water. Also, consider the tank capacity and buy a tank size that aligns well with your dog washing needs.